This page shows the City's currently authorized positions. Vacancies are announced as they occur and are filled by a competitive process.
Administration / City Hall
- Clerk/Treasurer - Department Head
- Court/Admin Clerk
- Utility/Admin Clerk
There are currently five positions in the police department. Even though all positions are currently filled, we always accept applications to hold in the event an unexpected vacancy occurs.
- Chief of Police - Department Head
- Entry Level Officer
- Lateral Police Officer
- Police Clerk/Evidence Technician
City of Tenino Public Works Department, in addition, the city has a seasonal requirement for a supervisor and seven Lifeguard positions when the Quarry Pool is open.
- Public Works Director - Department Head
- Maintenance Worker
- P.A.R.C. (Parks, Arts, Recreation & Culture) Specialist
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator; OIT Operator in training or level 1 / level 2
- Building Official/Code Enforcement
- Supervisory Lifeguard
The City contracts with other agencies or businesses for services on a routine basis. The following functions are always filled by contract:
- City Attorney
- City Engineer
- City Planner
- Prosecuting Attorney
- Public Defender
- Court Interpreter (Spanish)