There’s nothing else like this anywhere! The Quarry Pool was originally a working sandstone quarry in the late 1800's and is now a low-cost, family-friendly recreation spot for all to enjoy.
Legend has it that quarrymen struck a spring that quickly filled the pit with water. As the water flooded the area, the workmen had to abandon their equipment and machinery. To this day, tools and heavy machinery still sit at the bottom of the site. In 2017, Mayor Wayne Fournier organized an exploratory dive and discovered that the water is so cold and still beyond the depth of 20 feet that visibility is near zero. However, the divers were able to touch bottom and locate some abandoned equipment by feel. Please visit the Thurston Talk website for a short article on the dive.
With a lifeguard on duty at all times, youngsters enjoy the peaceful wading pool and splash pad, while the deep water, complete with two diving boards and a waterfall, attracts the more adventurous, experienced swimmers.
Bring your family and friends, have fun, and cool off in this one-of-a-kind, freshwater pool.
Please note: Hours are subject to change based on weather, lifeguard availability, or other factors. If you are coming from out-of-town, please call us at (360) 264-2368 to confirm the pool hours for the current day.
Fun and Inexpensive!
- $4.00/person for individuals living inside the Tenino School District
- $6.00/person for individuals living outside the Tenino School District
- Day-Pass Punch Cards (pay for nine, get one free) may be purchased for $27 (within TSD) or $45 (outside TSD.)
- $125.00 Family Pass (2 adults & 3 children) for those living inside the Tenino School District
- $200.00 Family Pass (2 adults & 3 children) for those living outside the Tenino School District
- No Child Left Inside Program Pass: $75.00 (inside district) or $150.00 (outside district)
- Season passes purchased prior to June 1, 2022, will receive a $25 early-bird discount.
Corporate sponsorships are available for $1000.00 ($800.00 for non-profits) and include promotional considerations. Please contact City Hall for details at (360) 264.2368.